Research Methodologies Followed for This Research:
Primary research was conducted after acquiring extensive knowledge about the global clinical trial management system market scenario through secondary research. Primary interviews were conducted with market experts from both the demand-side (such as hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, outpatient facilities, clinics, research universities, academic institutions, and government institutions, among others) and supply-side respondents (such as presidents, CEOs, vice presidents, directors, general managers, heads of business units, and senior managers) across five major geographies, namely, North America, Europe, the Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East, and Africa. Approximately 30% of the primary interviews were conducted with stakeholders from the demand side, while those from the supply side accounted for the remaining 70%. Primary data for this report was collected through questionnaires, emails, and telephonic interviews.
The secondary research process involves the widespread use of secondary sources, directories, databases (such as Bloomberg Businessweek, Factiva, and D&B), white papers, annual reports, companies house documents, investor presentations, and SEC filings of companies. Secondary research was used to identify and collect information useful for the extensive, technical, market-oriented, and commercial study of the clinical trial management system market. A database of the key industry leaders was also prepared using secondary research.
Download PDF Brochure@
The software segment is expected to account for the largest share during the forecast period
Based on product & service, the clinical trial management system market is segmented into software and services. Rising R&D expenditure, an increasing number of clinical trials, and the growing adoption of clinical trial management solutions are some of the key factors driving the growth of the software market.
Listed below are some significant products launched in recent years:
# In December 2020, ERT launched a new product, Data Insights, to its Trial Oversight Solution to discover variabilities during collection and manage endpoint data.
# In January 2020, Veeva launched Veeva Vault payment, an application for the Veeva Vault CTMS.
# In January 2017, Bio-Optronics launched the latest version of its Clinical Conductor CTMS with enhanced patient management solutions and improved efficiency.
# In November 2016, DATATRAK launched an innovative clinical trial management system, CTMS 360°. This is an SaaS platform that allows seamless access to data in real-time and provides current study status updates.
The small & mid-sized pharma-biotech companies segment is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period
Based on end-users, the clinical trial management system market has been segmented based on end-user category—large pharma-biotech companies, small & mid-sized pharma-biotech companies, CROs, medical device manufacturers, and other end users. Due to rising pressure of R&D costs, outcomes-based reimbursement, and stricter regulations imposed on large pharma companies, a part of their R&D functions is outsourced to smaller pharmaceutical companies, which increases the growth of companies in this category.
# In June 2019, Parexel International Corporation (US) launched an enhanced integrated outsourcing delivery model for functional service provider (FSP) services at the DIA 2019 Global Annual Meeting in San Diego, US.
# In May 2019, Bio-optronics (US) launched three products to the CCTrialSuite basket application—CCeSource, CCeReg & CCeConsent.
# In June 2018, Bioclinica (US) launched eClinical Solution namely the SMART Technology Suite.
Request Sample Pages@
North America is expected to dominate the global clinical trial management system market in 2019
North America, comprising the US and Canada, accounted for the largest share of the clinical trial management system market in 2019. The large share of this region can primarily be attributed to factors such as the high number of ongoing clinical trials (especially in the US), the presence of leading players from both the demand and supply sides, and the presence of a favorable government funding scenario for clinical research.
Oracle Corporation (US), Medidata Solutions (US), Parexel International (US), Bioclinica (US), and IBM (US), Bio-Optronics (US), Datatrak (US), Veeva Systems (US), DSG (US), MasterControl (US), ERT (US), Advarra Technology Solutions (US), MedNet Solutions (US), ArisGlobal (US), DZS Clinical Services (US), Crucial Data Solutions (US), Ennov (France), DataStat (US), and RealTime Software Solutions LLC (US) among others are some of the major players operating in the global clinical trial management system market.