The Oil and Gas industry is growing at a CAGR of 4.1% in the end user market of GC. The growth is mainly attributed to increasing crude & shale oil production and improved gas chromatography columns for the petroleum industry.
What the Market Looks Like?
The global GC market size is projected to reach USD 3.5 billion by 2025 from USD 2.8 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 4.1%. North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global GC market.
The growth in this market is driven by the increasing adoption of GC-MS, rising crude & shale oil production, increasing importance of wastewater treatment, rising food safety concerns, and growing use of chromatography tests in the drug approval process. However, the high cost of GC equipment, geopolitical issues prevailing in some countries, and shortage of skilled professionals are expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
“Adoption of GC systems is expected to increase during the forecast period.”
The systems segment of the GC instruments market is expected to account for the highest growth due to factors such increased capability to analyze complex compounds.
Download PDF Brochure @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=101656773
What are Key Trends in the Market?
The growth of the Gas Chromatography Market is primarily influenced by the following factors:
- Increasing use of medical imaging modalities due to the growing burden of chronic diseases
- Growing concerns over radiation exposure
- Growing installation base of radiology equipment
- Growing awareness about radiation dose management
On the basis of accessories and consumables, the GC market is divided into columns, columns accessories, autosampler accessories, flow management accessories, consumables & accessories, fittings & tubing, pressure regulators, gas generators, and other accessories. The columns segment is estimated to account for the largest share in the global gas chromatography market. The large share of this segment can primarily be attributed to factors such as improved gas chromatography columns for the petroleum industry.
Read more about Gas Chromatography Market@ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=101656773
“The market in North America is projected to witness the highest growth rate during the forecast period (2020–2025).”
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global GC market. Market growth in this region is driven primarily by the increase in R&D funding, cannabis research, market for shale oil and gas, and food and agricultural industry. On the other hand, the Asia Pacific is projected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period. The high growth rate of the region can be attributed to factors such as extensive sales of generics in Japan and the growth in the pharma and biotech sectors in India and China.
- In 2019, Agilent launched the 990 Micro GC System. The system is designed to monitor calorific valuation and odorant levels in natural gas. It is a compact and rugged system that may be used in laboratories
- In 2018, The University of Duisburg Essen collaborated with Agilent to utilize its gas and liquid chromatography systems and a variety of its mass spectrometry instruments to conduct improved research studies.
- In 2018, PerkinElmer acquired Shanghai Spectrum Instruments Co., Ltd. This acquisition will allow PerkinElmer to expand its customer base for analytical instruments in China.