- Define and analyze the global cloud computing and healthcare market
- Estimate the adoption rates of cloud services among enterprise subscribers in the healthcare sector until 2015 in the four key regions – North America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA), Asia – Pacific (including Japan) (APJ) and Latin America (LA)
- Identify and analyze the infrastructure requirements/efficient usage of cloud services and deployment costs of cloud services in the healthcare sector
- Identify the current trends, drivers and constraints affecting the growth of cloud computing in the healthcare industry
- Determine key pain points in Healthcare IT and how cloud computing be helpful in addressing these pain-points
- Provide a Market Adaptation Analysis for 2010-2015
- Impact analysis of regulations pertaining to healthcare and IT services and on the growth and adoption of cloud computing in healthcare [ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/cloud-computing-healthcare-market-347.html ]
Healthcare is one of the most highly complex and fragmented verticals out of the lot supporting a widespread and diversified professional user population (i.e., clinicians) along with patients’ in life-critical situations. The healthcare industry is currently facing growing economic and regulatory pressures that make its IT infrastructure ripe for a radical change. In the light of these two factors the organizations in the healthcare industry need to take a closer look at the potential benefits of cloud computing.
As of now the top priorities for the healthcare industry are:
- Improvement in the quality of healthcare services
- Reduction of costs
- Increasing access to the healthcare systems
- Data privacy and security
Improvement in the quality of healthcare services is a potential driver for cloud computing adoption, especially given the fact that globally billions of dollars of federal incentives are provided for the delivery of quality healthcare services, and expanding the use of electronic health record (EHRs) systems as well as providing the basis for exchange of information and data across and between the providers, regardless of interoperatibility of users and providers. EHRs are expected to be used extensively by 2014. Another significant opportunity is consumer-oriented cloud application having a potential of improving healthcare communications and enabling the patients’ to manage their own records of diseases. The cloud platform also gels well with new models, which often require uninterrupted access from multiple providers to a single patient, such as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) model or Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
The need to reduce costs in the healthcare industry ecosystem is a key factor for the adoption of cloud computing. This is true for all healthcare organizations, irrespective of their size and area of specialization. In making future IT investment decisions, health organizations will take an account of savings and ROI (return on investment) calculations to optimize current and future spending. For many new Health Information Exchange (HIE) models, the infrastructure is in place but the usage of which is still to take off in a big way.
This research report categorizes the global market for Cloud Computing in Healthcare for forecasting the revenues and analyzing the trends in each of the following submarkets:
On the basis of cloud service provider categories:
- Cloud Developers
- Service Providers
- Single-Vendor Cloud Service
- Multi-Vendor Cloud Service
- IT+Vendor Cloud Service
On the basis of cloud services type:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
On the basis of deployment:
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid or Mix Cloud
On the basis of Geography
- North America: U.S. & Canada
- EMEA: Western Europe, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), Middle East and Africa
- APJ: Asia Pacific including Japan
- Latin America: South & Central America and the Caribbean
- The targeted audience for this report includes:
- IT & telecommunication companies
- Government bodies & healthcare entities
- Network infrastructure developers
- Mobile network operators
- Software & hardware manufacturers
- Enterprise & business users
- Healthcare service providers
- Enterprise & business users
- Size of the mobile application market is calculated from the supply side of the market. Market trends and prices were used to arrive at market size, which was then verified by key industry players.
- Market sizes were also verified by the cost volume approach.
- Prices and pricing trends in different geographies were identified and analyzed through secondary research, and then average selling price per unit was calculated.
- All currencies were converted into USD. After that weighted average price of mobile applications have been calculated.
- Geographical market split was arrived at by determining population, cost of applications, and the adoption rate in different regions.
MarketsandMarkets (M&M) is a global market research and consulting company based in the U.S. We publish strategically analyzed market research reports and serve as a business intelligence partner to Fortune 500 companies across the world.
Founded in 2001, M&M is a full service market research company and consulting firm that produces 240 high-level, strategically analyzed, full-length reports a year, tracking more than 10 industries. M&M plans to launch industry-wise and country-wise market tracker reports for all the verticals we track. This intelligence database comprising of about 60,000 reports a year, will form one of the world’s largest business intelligence resources worldwide. M&M has effectively used technology to automate the management of large and complex market data tables and forecasts. We, at M&M, aspire to assist our clients achieve sustainable growth by providing incisive business insight into their respective markets.
MarketsandMarkets also provides multi-client reports, company profiles, databases, and custom research services. M&M covers thirteen industry verticals, including advanced materials, automotive and transportation, banking and financial services, biotechnology, chemicals, consumer goods energy and power, food and beverages, industrial automation, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor and electronics, and telecommunications and IT.
We at MarketsandMarkets are inspired to help our clients grow by providing apt business insight with our huge market intelligence repository. To know more about us and our reports, please visit our website www.marketsandmarkets.com
North – Dominion Plaza,
17304 Preston Road,
Suite 800, Dallas, TX 75252