The report “Pet Food Extrusion Market by Extruded Pet Food Products (Type (Complete Diets and Treats), Animal Type (Dogs, Cats, Fish, and Birds), and Ingredient), by Pet Food Extruder Equipment (Type (Single and Twin Screw)), and Region – Global Forecast to 2022″, The global pet food extrusion market is estimated to be valued at USD 55.21 Billion in 2017, and expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach USD 72.64 Billion by 2022. The market for pet food extrusion is showing significant growth with a rise in the popularity of pet adoption, pet humanization, and rapid urbanization in developing economies such as China, India, Argentina, and Mexico. The growing pet population across the globe is one of the leading factors that contribute to the demand for extruded pet food products, worldwide. The need to fulfil the growing demand for pet food is simultaneously fueling the growth of the pet food equipment manufacturing industry.
The years considered for the study are as follows:
- Base year: 2016
- Estimated year: 2017
- Projected year: 2022
- Forecast period: 2017–2022
Objectives of the study are as follows:
- To define, segment, and project the global extruded pet food products market size based on type, ingredient, animal type, and region
- To define, segment, and project the global pet food extrusion equipment market size based on type, process, and region
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide the competitive landscape of the market leaders
- To project the size of the market and its submarkets, in terms of value and volume, with respect to the regions (along with the key countries)
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market position and core competencies
- To analyze the competitive developments such as expansions, acquisitions, collaborations, rebranding, and new product developments in the pet food extrusion market
Download PDF Brochure:
By type, single screw extruder is projected to be the fastest-growing segment during the forecast period in the pet food extrusion equipment market
During the forecast period, the single screw extruder segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, in the pet food extrusion equipment market, in terms of value and volume. Various benefits such as low capital cost and simplicity offered by single screw extruders have been driving the growth of this segment over the last few years. A single screw extruder offers simplicity and ease of operation, whereas a twin-screw extruder offers versatility and flexibility. Low capital cost and easy maintenance are some of the major factors responsible for the high demand for single screw extruders.
South America and Asia Pacific are fast-growing markets for extruded pet food products and pet food extrusion equipment
The South American market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period followed by Asia Pacific region in both the markets. Countries such as Argentina, India, and China are expected to be the major emerging markets for extruded pet food products as well as pet food extrusion equipment. The growth in the number of distribution channels such as e-commerce and rising demand for premium and super premium products coupled with the trend of pet humanization are expected to drive the market growth in these regions.
Speak to Analyst:
The market for pet food extrusion equipment is dominated by key players such as Andritz (Austria), Buhler (Switzerland), Clextral (France), Pavan (Italy), Diamond America (US), Lindquist Machine (US), The Bonnot (US), Kahl Group (Germany), Baker Perkins (UK), Coperion (Germany), Doering Systems (US), Brabender (Germany), and American Extrusion International (US) while the market for extruded pet food products is dominated by Mars (US), Nestle (Denmark), and The J.M. Smucker Company (US).
- Extrusion machinery, technology, and equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Extruded pet food product manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors
- Extrusion machinery spare part suppliers and distributors
- Regulatory and research organizations
- Food and agriculture organizations such as the FAO and USDA
- Associations and industry bodies such as the Pet Food Manufacturers Association (PFMA), and The Europe Pet Food Industry (FEDIAF), The Brazilian Association of Pet Products Industry (ABINPET), The Pet Food Industry Association of Australia (PFIAA), The Pet Food Manufacturers Association (PFMA), Russia, and The Europe Pet Food Industry (FEDIAF)
- Government agencies and NGOs
- Food safety agencies