The report “Rodenticides Market by Type (Non-Anticoagulants, Anticoagulants (FGAR, SGAR)), End-Use Sector (Agricultural Fields, Warehouses, Urban Centers (Residential, Commercial)), Mode of Application (Pellets, Sprays, Powders), and Region – Global Forecast to 2025″, is projected to reach USD 5.9 billion by 2025, from USD 4.7 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period. The market is driven by factors such as urbanization and industrialization, along with public awareness about chemical-based rodenticides.
- To describe and forecast the rodenticides market, in terms of type, mode of application, end-use sector, and region
- To describe and forecast the rodenticides market, in terms of value, by region–Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and the Rest of the World—along with their respective countries
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing market growth (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the overall market
- To study the complete value chain of rodenticides
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the rodenticides ecosystem
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market position in terms of ranking and core competencies, along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To analyze strategic approaches, such as acquisitions & divestments, expansions, product launches & approvals, and agreements in the rodenticides market
Download PDF Brochure:
On the basis of type, the anticoagulants segment is projected to be a larger contributor to the rodenticides market during the forecast period
The rodenticides market has been segmented, on the basis of type, into non-anticoagulants and anticoagulants. The market for anticoagulant rodenticides is projected to record a higher market share between 2019 and 2025. Anticoagulant rodenticides are of lethal doses and kill rodents in single or multiple doses. These rodenticides block the activity of the vitamin K cycle, resulting in the inability to produce blood clotting factors—prothrombin and proconvertin; this leads to internal bleeding and death of the animal. Anticoagulants act relatively slower than most acute rodenticides.
Rodenticides have majorly been used in urban centers
The major factor for the higher adoption of rodenticides in urban centers is to control the increasing population of the rodents, which found a very safe shelter under residential and commercial settings. The residential areas offer ample food, which is highly susceptible to rodent infestations. Not only they consume the food, but also contaminate the food, which develops hygiene and health issues among the people. Rats are considered the vectors of around 60 communicable diseases. Furthermore, they cause structural damage to the commercial buildings, which can lead to a lot of monetary losses to the owners. Hence, rodenticides play a crucial role in getting rid of rodents from urban centers.
Speak to Analyst:
North America is projected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period
The North American rodenticides market is projected to be the largest between 2019 and 2025, while the Asia Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the same period. The strengthening of the housing industry and a steadily improving economy have been driving the overall pest control market, which has, in turn, been boosting the rodenticides market as well. Rodents are a major concern among all the pests in the US. According to the Washington Post Company LLC (US), there were about 2 million New York City rats in 2014. According to the US Census Bureau and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, nearly 667,000 new single-family houses were sold in February 2019, compared to 588,000 new single-family houses in December 2018. Thus, with the increasing number of new houses, the demand for rodent control products and services is also projected to increase during the forecast period.
Key Market Players:
The rodenticides market is divided into two segments—product manufacturers and service providers. The key companies in product manufacturing include BASF SE (Germany), Bayer (Germany), Syngenta (Switzerland), UPL (India), Liphatech Inc. (US), JT Eaton (US), Neogen Corporation (US), Pelgar International (UK), Senestech Inc. (US), Bell Laboratories (US), and Impex Europa (UK). The key service providers include Rentokil Initial Plc (UK), Terminix (US), Ecolab (US), Anticimex (Sweden), Rollins (US), Truly Nolen (US), and Abell Pest Control (Canada).