The Global Semi-Trailer Market is estimated to be USD 29.5 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow to USD 41.2 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period.
Increasing manufacturing activities, urbanization, the need for effective transportation, and the widening of the rural area road networks are major factors fueling the growth of the semi-trailer market.
- Semi-trailer platooning
- Increasing the use of advanced technologies
- Electric semi-trailers
Implementation of advanced technologies in the logistics industry such as RFIDs, fleet management systems, and delivery process automation has improved the overall efficiency of the sector. One of the growing market trends in the use of advanced technologies such as telematics and stability control. Fluctuating fuel costs and increased regulatory requirements for lower fuel consumption and emissions have driven the R&D in this market. Manufacturers are investing in the development of supporting technologies to improve the aerodynamics of vehicles for fuel savings. Fleet operators are utilizing telematics services to optimize the use of assets and reduce the overall downtime of semi-trailers.
Request FREE Sample Report @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=136867745
Major players profiled in the report are:
- CIMC (China)
- Wabash (US)
- Schmitz Cargobull (Germany)
- Great Dane (US)
- Utility Trailer (US)
- Krone (Germany)
- Kögel Trailer (Germany)
- Hyundai Translead (US)
- Lamberet (France)
- Wilhelm (Austria)
The above 45 feet segment covers the majority share in the market as most of the dry van, flatbed and refrigerated semi-trailers come under this category. Due to the high usage of these trailers, the segment forms the major share of the semi-trailer market and would continue leading the market during the forecast period. The segment growth is mainly supported by logistics, FMCG, and automotive sectors with large consumption of these trailers.
Below 25 T semi-trailers are in high demand due to the lower cost of transportation than other categories along with a considerable amount of freight. In addition, the below 25 T category complies with legally permissible limits across most countries. Thus, the below 25 T segment is expected to continue dominating the semi-trailer market over the estimated period.
The Healthcare industry is estimated to show the highest CAGR growth over the estimated period. An increased need for efficiency, differentiated routes to market, access to new geographies, and acceptance of digital supply chain solutions are transforming the healthcare supply chain. With transformations in the supply chain, the demand for specialized and customized semi-trailers in the healthcare industry is growing. Pharmaceutical and healthcare are also one of the industries that have been feeling the effects of COVID-19. With the increase in the doubling rate of infections in most countries, healthcare organizations are struggling to provide the right treatment and assistance to all the patients. Furthermore, some positive signs have also been seen in the global logistics and supply chain industry as major developing economies are trying to help developed and some of the minor developing economies. For example, in 2020, the Indian government is exporting the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) to 55 countries. Initially, India had banned its export but granted it later in view of the humanitarian aspects of COVID-19. The vaccine for COVID-19 has been developed and approved across various countries for distribution. The distribution of the vaccine across the world will provide short time opportunities for the growth of the semi-trailer market for the healthcare industry
Download PDF Brochure @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=136867745
North America is projected to be the largest semi-trailer market, in terms of value, during the forecast period. The presence of large trucking industry and a consistently growing retail sector are projected to drive market growth in this region. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR in the semi-trailer market. The growth of Asia Pacific is driven by China, Japan, South Korea, and India. India and China are among the fastest-growing economies of the world and comprise large logistics and supply chain networks.
Europe presents a prominent growth opportunity for the semi-trailer market as it is expected to be the third-largest market. The presence of renowned OEMs who are dominating the global semi-trailer market, such as Schmitz Cargobull AG, Fahrzeugwerk Bernard KRONE GmbH, and Kögel Trailer GmbH & Co. KG, is one of the key growth factors for the European semi-trailer market.
- In April 2020, Shenzhen CIMC Special Vehicle Co. Ltd signed a contract with Guangzhou Baiyun Jiangji Carriage Factory. As per the agreement, Shenzhen CIMC will supply 15 chassis frames to Jianji Carriage. The “Voyage Series” that provides a modular design with high strength would be provided to Jianji Carriage
- In July 2020, Wabash National, along with eNow and Carrier Transicold all-electric refrigeration technologies, signed a partnership that offers thermally efficient, eco-friendly refrigerated hauling. The large gain in thermal efficiencies allows the customer to downsize the batteries required to haul cargo and increase the run time on a battery setup
- In October 2020, Schmitz Cargobull and Krone entered into a collaboration to achieve the use of telematics for trailers. This collaboration will result in uncomplicated and convenient solutions for accessing the data provided for all vehicles via individual access with just one click regardless of the telematics hardware installed and the telematics portal used
- In September 2020, Schmitz Cargobull announced to make trailer telematics a standard feature throughout its entire product range. This led to optimum control over an interconnected, integrated logistics chain and helped increase trailer usage and achieve greater efficiency
- In February 2020, Schwarzmuller acquired leading German brand Huffermann Transportsysteme GmbH, a manufacturer of container trailers. The acquisition is a win-win for both the companies, as Huffermann is getting the best option for sustainable growth and position itself for the long term. The Schwarzmuller Group is getting an opportunity to further increase its share in the German market
- In October 2019, Great Dane introduced its smart trailer telematics systems. The new system provides a high-resolution view into the conditions of the trailer’s components, and pairs information with other proprietary information on the asset, including things like specifications, aftermarket parts numbers, and tools from all of the component suppliers that help drive down maintenance cost
- In July 2019, Kogel launched its Asphalt tipper trailers line. These trailers offer assistance in transporting bulk solids. They are made of reinforced steel and known for low maintenance costs, efficient handling, and practical control elements. These tippers can carry the maximum payload of all types of bulk solids
To speak to our analyst for a discussion on the above findings, click Speak to Analyst