The report “Starter Culture Market by Microorganism (Bacteria, Yeasts, Molds), Application (Dairy & Dairy-based Products, Meat & Seafood), Composition (Multi-strain Mix, Single Strain, Multi-strain), Form, and Region – Global Forecast to 2025″, The global starter culture market size is estimated to be at USD 964 million in 2019 and is projected to reach USD 1,314 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 5.3%. Increasing awareness among manufacturers regarding the benefits of starter culture, growing application in cheese & other dairy products, and rising demand for fermented meat & dairy products are some of the main drivers for the growth of the starter culture industry.
- To describe and forecast the starter culture market, in terms of product form, target microorganism, composition and application
- To describe and forecast the starter culture market, in terms of value, by region–Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and the Rest of the World—along with their respective countries
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors influencing market growth (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, prospects, and contributions to the overall market
- To study the complete value chain of starter culture
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders by identifying the high-growth segments of the starter culture ecosystem
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market position in terms of ranking and core competencies, along with detailing competitive landscape for market leaders
- To analyze strategic approaches such as product launches, agreements, and partnerships in the starter culture market
Download PDF Brochure:
Consumer awareness regarding the benefits of starter culture drives the market for dairy & dairy products
The starter culture market is segmented on application into dairy & dairy products, meat & poultry products, seafood, and others. The dairy & dairy products segment is dominant in the application segment due to the growth of starter cultures in the cheese industry. The demand for dairy and dairy-based products is projected to record the highest CAGR between 2019 and 2025 with the growing demand for dairy-based products across the world.
High demand from end-user industries for bacteria-based starter culture
The starter culture market is segmented based on target microorganisms into yeasts, molds, and bacteria. The market for starter culture in the dairy industry is significant and is used primarily in cheese manufacturing. The use of starter culture has helped in the fermentation process and also helps in retaining the aroma and flavor of different products.
Europe is projected to account for the largest market size during the forecast period
The European starter culture market is estimated to be the largest for starter culture, while the Asia Pacific market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR. Europe also hosts the largest concentration of producers in the starter culture industry, with major industry leaders maintaining their operations in the region.
Key players in the market include CHR Hansen (Denmark), DowDuPont (US), Sacco S.R.L (Italy), CSK Food Enrichment B.V. (Netherlands), THT S.A. (Belgium), Dalton Biotechnologies (Italy), Biochem S.R.L (Italy), Royal DSM N.V (Netherlands). These players are undertaking a strategy involving new product launches and expansions to improve their market position and extend their competitive advantage.