Filtration is a critical part of the pharmaceutical industry since it not only helps in ensuring that products are appropriately purified and safe for intake, but also for optimizing process economics and preventing loss of useful product. High growth in pharmaceutical industry coupled with increasing number of applications and developments is expected to boost the overall market for pharmaceutical filtration.
Drivers for the Market
The growth of the global pharmaceutical filtration market is being majorly influenced by the following factors:
- Growing biopharmaceutical industry
- Developments and innovations in nanofiber technology
- Rising cases of airborne diseases
- Strong product pipeline of biologics
- Robust expansion in generic drug production
Moreover, the emerging market in developing nations is expected to present ample growth opportunities in the near future. However, strict rules and regulations for validating filtration process and constraints related to costs of adoption of membrane filters are expected to hinder the growth of this market.
Projected to grow at CAGR of 10.2% during the forecast period, the global pharmaceutical filtration market is expected to reach USD 20,190.1 Million by the end of 2020, growing from USD 12,451.3 Million in 2015. In 2015, North America held the largest market share, owing to the growth in biopharmaceutical industry.
Based on products, the membrane filters product segment took up the majority of the market share in 2015, whereas on the basis of techniques, the microfiltration segment is expected to be the fastest-growing market over the forecast period. Among applications, the pharmaceutical final product was the largest segment and fastest-growing segment in 2015.
Merck & Co., Inc. (U.S.), General Electric Company (U.S.), Pall Corporation (U.S.), Parker Hannifin Corporation (U.S.), Sartorius Stedim Biotech Group (France), 3M (U.S.), Eaton Corporation Plc. (Ireland), Amazon Filters Ltd. (United Kingdom), Graver Technologies, LLC. (U.S.), and Meissner Filtration Products, Inc. (U.S.) are the key companies functioning in the global market for pharmaceutical filtration.
Ask for Sample Pages @ http://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsample.asp?id=209343847
As per the researchers, the global market for pharmaceutical filtration has been analyzed and forecasted by breaking it down into following segments and sub-segments:
- Product: Membrane Filters, Prefilters & Depth Media, Cartridge & Capsules, Single-Use Systems, Filter Holders, Filtration Accessories, Others
- Technique: Microfiltration, Ultrafiltration, Cross Flow Filtration, Nanofiltration, Others
- Application: Final Product, Raw Material, Cell Separation, Water Purification, Air Purification
- Scale of Operation: Manufacturing Scale, Pilot Scale, R&D Scale
- Geography: North America, Europe, Asia, RoW