The report “Carotenoids Market by Type (Astaxanthin, Beta-Carotene, Lutein, Lycopene, Canthaxanthin, and Zeaxanthin), Application (Feed, Food & Beverages, Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics, and Pharmaceuticals), Source, Formulation, and Region – Global Forecast to 2026″ The carotenoids market is projected to grow from USD 1.5 billion in 2019 to USD 2.0 billion by 2026, recording a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.2% during the forecast period. The major factors driving the growth of the carotenoids market include the growing use of carotenoids in preventive healthcare and as a food colorant in the feed industry.
The lutein segment is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period
The lutein segment, on the basis of type, is projected to grow at the highest CAGR, in terms of value, during the forecast period. Lutein is synthesized by plants and found in some of the major food items, such as egg yolks, carrot, spinach, kale, squash, grapes, and pepper. It is used in both, human nutrition and animal nutrition products. Its wide acceptability due to its ability to treat age-related eye disorders, including cataracts and macular degeneration, is a key factor driving its demand.
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=158421566
By application, the feed segment is estimated to account for the largest market share in 2019 in the carotenoids market
Carotenoids are extensively used in animal nutrition products due to their coloring properties and are incorporated in feed to pigment the egg yolks, broiler skin, fishes, and crustaceans. These also help in increasing the immunity and improving the health of livestock by enhancing the quality of nutrition. The fertility of cattle, swine, and horses can be improved by feeding beta-carotene, whereas astaxanthin and canthaxanthin help in improving the growth of salmons and larval fishes.
Europe is projected to account for the largest share in the carotenoids market during the forecast period
The European market accounted for the largest share in 2018 due to the presence of leading manufacturers, such as Koninklijke DSM (Netherlands), BASF (Germany), Chr. Hansen (Denmark), and Dohler Group (Germany). Further, the increase in the aging population in the region has led to a surge in demand for lutein, lycopene, and beta-carotene to treat cataract and reduce the risk of diabetes, cancer, and other heart-related issues. Although synthetic carotenoids account for a high share in the market, consumers prefer opting for natural and clean label products, which is projected to drive the growth of the naturally-sourced carotenoids market in this region.
Key Market Players:
Key players in the carotenoids market include Koninklijke DSM (Netherlands), BASF (Germany), Chr. Hansen (Denmark), Kemin Industries (US), Lycored Limited (Israel), Cyanotech Corporation (US), Fuji Chemical Industry Co Ltd. (Japan), Novus International (US), DDW The Color House (US), Dohler Group (Germany), Allied Biotech Corporation (Taiwan), E.I.D Parry (India), Farbest Brands (US), Excelvite Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia), AlgaTechnologies Ltd. (Israel), Zhejiang NHU Co. Ltd (China), Dynadis SARL (France), Deinove SAS (France), Vidya Europe SAS (France), and Divi’s Laboratories (India). These players have a broad industry coverage and strong operational and financial strength.
- In June 2019, DDW The Color House acquired Du Pont Natural Colors (Denmark) to enhance the presence of the company in the global market. This acquisition would also help it expand its portfolio with new products.
- In April 2019, Döhler Group acquired a majority of shares in Zumos Catalano Aragoneses S.A. (ZUCASA), which is based in Spain. This would help the company to increase its presence in the fruits and carotenoids segment.
- In April 2019, ExcelVite Sdn. Bhd. collaborated with US Pharmacopeia (US) to publish a new plant carotenes monograph. It was developed based on mixed carotene complex, EVTene. The publication of this monograph would reinstate the efforts of the company to meet the high ingredient standards.
- In April 2019, Zhejiang NHU Co. Ltd formed a partnership with LJ Ingredients (Denmark). Through this partnership, LJ Ingredients became an exclusive sales agent for beta-carotene products for the company in the European market.
- In March 2019, Kemin Industries launched Organic KEM GLO, which is a USDA certified organic carotenoid that helps organic egg producers to intensify the colors of egg yolks. This would help the company to attain a leading position in the feed carotenoids market.