Irrigation automation market is estimated at USD 4.2 billion in 2022; it is projected to grow at a CAGR of 17.2% to reach USD 9.2 billion by 2027.
The Irrigation Automation market has seen substantial growth in recent years, driven by several key factors:
- Water Conservation: Increasing concerns about water scarcity and the need to use water more efficiently have driven the adoption of irrigation automation systems. These systems help optimize water usage, reducing wastage and conserving this precious resource.
- Labor Costs: Labor costs can be a significant portion of the overall expenses in agriculture. Automation allows for more efficient use of labor, reducing the dependency on manual labor for irrigation tasks.
- Precision Agriculture: The adoption of precision agriculture techniques, which rely on data-driven decision-making, has led to increased demand for irrigation automation. These systems can be integrated with data analytics and remote monitoring to make more precise and informed irrigation decisions.
- Climate Change: Erratic weather patterns and changing climatic conditions have made it essential for farmers to have adaptable irrigation systems. Automation can help adjust irrigation schedules and volumes in response to changing weather conditions, ensuring optimal crop growth.
- Government Regulations: Some regions have implemented regulations related to water usage and environmental protection, which encourage the adoption of efficient irrigation systems. Automation can help farmers comply with these regulations more easily.
The drip irrigation segment by irrigation type is projected to grow with the highest CAGR of the irrigation automation market over the forecast period.
Drip irrigation, also known as micro-irrigation, provides root-to-root irrigation and the highest level of water conservation. Drip irrigation often involves devices such as sensors, controllers, and valves, connected to a smartphone or desktop via a web-based system which gives the user =/farmer better flexibility to monitor control, automate, and analyze the irrigation system.
Book a meeting with our experts to discuss your business needs @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/speaktoanalystNew.asp?id=60266313
The non-agricultural segment by end-use is projected to grow with the highest CAGR of the irrigation automation market over the forecast period.
Non-agricultural uses of irrigation automation include application in sports grounds, residential, pastures, turfs & landscapes, golf courses, and gardens. Measuring the soil moisture content, maintaining the right amount of water in the soil is important in these areas, because it helps minimize wastage of water and other resources. However, instead of fixed timers, these automated systems draw data from sensors, weather forecasts, and plant-care databases to determine watering needs and deliver just enough moisture to the soil at the appropriate time.
Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region in the irrigation automation market during the forecast period
Asia Pacific irrigation automation market is projected to grow with highest CAGR due to the growing agriculture industry in China and India. Demand for irrigation automation has been growing in this region, due to global players increasing their investments of business lines in agricultural automation products to exclusively meet the demand of crop growers to attain higher efficiency, proper water supply, and export quality. Additionally, the regulations for irrigation automation are favorable in this region. China is estimated to account for the largest share in the Asia Pacific irrigation automation market.