Dental 3D Printing Market in terms of revenue was estimated to be worth $3.0 billion in 2023 and is poised to reach $6.7 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 17.5% from 2023 to 2028 according to a new report by MarketsandMarkets™. Dental 3D Printing offers several advantages such as reduces inventories, limits material wastage, and provides dental professionals access to innovative designs. Reduced product development time for dental appliances, superior-quality complex parts and products, and mass personalization also add to the rising demand for dental 3D printing products and services. This has led to the increasing growth of the market.
The dental 3D printing industry is poised for remarkable growth in the near future. As digital dentistry continues to revolutionize the field, the adoption of 3D printing technology is set to transform the way dental products and treatments are created. With advancements in materials and printers, dental professionals will have access to a wider range of biocompatible and aesthetically pleasing options for fabricating crowns, bridges, implants, and orthodontic appliances. The ability to produce highly accurate and customized dental solutions with reduced turnaround times will greatly benefit patients, providing them with faster and more precise treatments. Additionally, the integration of artificial intelligence and digital scanning technologies will streamline the design and production processes, further enhancing efficiency and quality control. The dental 3D printing industry, fuelled by these advancements, is on track to revolutionize dental care, offering improved patient outcomes, cost-effectiveness, and personalized solutions in the near future.
Download an Illustrative overview: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=258228239
Browse in-depth TOC on “Dental 3D Printing Market”
250 – Tables
40 – Figures
250 – Pages
“During the forecast period, the materials segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment of the Dental 3D Printing market.”
Based on prodtc & service, the dental 3D printing market is segmented into services, materials, and equipment. The materials segment is forecasted to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The primary driver of this market is the increasing advancement in the field of materials and their versatility across various applications. Research is underway to develop materials for temporaray restoration, which is expaceted to contribute heavily to the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
“In 2022, by end user, dental laboratories segment held the largest share of Dental 3D printing market.”
By end user, the Dental 3D printing market can be segmented into Dental Laboratories, Dental Hospitals & Clinics, and Dental Academic & Research Institutes.
Due to increasing number of dental laboratories, the expansion of existing dental laboratories, the outsourcing of certain manufacturing functions to dental laboratories, and the rising demand for customized/fabricated solutions, the dental laboratories segment occupied the largest share of the market in 2022. This segment is also exected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
“In 2022, North America was the largest segment in the Dental 3D Printing market “
Based on region, the dental PMS market is segmented into five major regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), Latin America, and the Middle East and Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to be the region with the highest CAGR from 2023 to 2028. This can be attributed to the rising dental tourism, increasing awareness about new technologies, and increasing prevalence of dental disorders.
Get 10% Free Customization on this Report: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=258228239
Dental 3D Printing Market Dynamics:
- High incidence of dental caries and other dental diseases
- Lack of skilled workforce due to limited specialized training in additive manufacturing
- Increasing popularity of CAD/CAM technology
- High capital investment and operating costs
Key Market Players:
Key players in the Dental 3D printing market include Stratasys Ltd. (US), 3D Systems Corporation (US), and Desktop Metal, Inc. (US). Among other developments, these companies adopted strategies such as partnerships, collaborations, agreements, integrations, acquisitions, product launches, and expansions, to strengthen their presence in the Dental 3D printing market.
Report Link: Dental 3D Printing Market
- In May 2023, 3D SYSTEMS CORPORATION (US) entered into an agreement to acquire Wematter Gravity (Sweden), which provides an affordable, turnkey SLS solution to the market. This was aimed at further expanding 3D Systems’ Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) portfolio.
- In May 2023, Desktop Metal, Inc. (US) and Stratasys Ltd. (US, and Israel) entered into a definitive agreement to merge. This is expected to combine the polymer strengths of Stratasys with the complementary industrial mass production of Desktop Metal’s brands.
- In February 2023, Stratasys Ltd. (US, and Israel) signed an agreement with Ricoh USA, Inc. (US) to provide on-demand 3D-printed anatomic models for clinical settings. This combines the cloud-based Segmentation-as-a-Service solution from Axial3D (a Stratasys subsidiary), and precision additive manufacturing services from Ricoh into one convenient solution.
Dental 3D Printing Market Advantages:
- Enhanced Precision and Accuracy: Dental 3D printing enables the creation of highly precise and accurate dental models, crowns, bridges, and other dental restorations. The technology allows for intricate details and ensures a perfect fit, leading to improved patient outcomes and reduced chairside adjustments.
- Time and Cost Efficiency: 3D printing streamlines the dental manufacturing process by eliminating the need for manual labor and multiple steps involved in traditional dental fabrication methods. This results in significant time savings and reduced costs for dental laboratories and clinics.
- Customization and Personalization: Dental 3D printing allows for the customization and personalization of dental prosthetics and appliances. Dentists can create restorations that perfectly match the patient’s anatomy and requirements, enhancing comfort and aesthetics.
- Improved Workflow and Productivity: With dental 3D printing, dental professionals can optimize their workflow and increase productivity. Digital scanning, CAD (Computer-Aided Design), and CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) technologies can be seamlessly integrated, reducing errors, enhancing collaboration, and enabling faster turnaround times.
- Expanded Treatment Options: 3D printing opens up new treatment possibilities in dentistry. It enables the production of complex dental structures, such as implant-supported restorations and surgical guides, which may not be feasible or cost-effective using traditional methods. This expands the range of treatment options available to dental professionals.
- Reduced Waste and Inventory Management: 3D printing in dentistry is an additive manufacturing process, which means that material waste is minimized compared to subtractive methods. Additionally, dental practices can maintain a digital inventory of designs and materials, reducing the need for physical storage space and inventory management.
- Research and Development Opportunities: Dental 3D printing fosters innovation and advancements in dental research and development. It enables the exploration of new materials, techniques, and treatment modalities, leading to continuous improvements in dental care.
Overall, dental 3D printing offers numerous advantages, including enhanced precision, time and cost efficiency, customization, improved workflow, expanded treatment options, reduced waste, and research opportunities. These benefits contribute to improved patient care, increased efficiency, and a more sustainable and technologically advanced dental industry.