The growth in high-performance liquid chromatography market is driven by high sensitivity &accuracy of the HPLC technique, the growing importance of HPLC tests in drug approvals, the rising popularity of hyphenated techniques, and increasing pharmaceutical R&D spending. However, the high cost of HPLC systems is expected to restrict market growth to a certain extent.
The global high-performance liquid chromatography market size is projected to reach USD 5.7 billion by 2025 from USD 4.5 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period.
Download PDF Brochure: – https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=117899209
Driving Growth Factors: –
- Increasing Demand for Pharmaceuticals: The pharmaceutical industry relies heavily on HPLC for drug development, quality control, and testing. As the pharmaceutical sector continues to grow, so does the demand for HPLC systems and consumables.
- Advancements in Technology: Continuous advancements in HPLC technology, such as improved column materials, detector sensitivity, and automation, enhance the efficiency and accuracy of HPLC analysis. These innovations attract more users and drive market growth.
- Rising Need for Food Safety Testing: HPLC is essential for food safety testing to detect and quantify contaminants, additives, and adulterants in food and beverages. As consumer awareness of food safety increases, the demand for HPLC systems for quality assurance and control grows.
- Environmental Monitoring: Environmental regulations and concerns drive the need for HPLC in monitoring and analyzing pollutants, pesticides, and other chemicals in water, air, and soil. Government agencies, environmental organizations, and research institutions invest in HPLC for these purposes.
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Compliance: Stringent regulations governing drug quality and safety, such as Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), require the use of HPLC for drug testing and validation, driving market growth.
- Increasing Research and Development Activities: Ongoing research in various fields, such as pharmaceuticals, life sciences, and materials science, creates a consistent demand for HPLC systems for analytical and purification purposes.
Market Segmentation: –
Based on the product, the market was divided into instruments, consumables, and accessories. The instrument market is subjected to account for the largest share in the HPLC market and consumables to growth at the highest rate during the forecast period.
Based on the application, the HPLC market is divided into clinical research, diagnostics, forensics, and other applications. Clinical research is subjected to grow at the highest rate in the forecast period. A rise in pharmaceutical and biotechnological research fueled by the need for numerous preclinical and clinical studies performed during the drug discovery and development process is said to drive the market.
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the global HPLC market. Market growth in this region is driven primarily by the increase in R&D funding, the growing number of preclinical activities by CROs &pharmaceutical companies, and the increasing food & agricultural industry in Canada.
1. North America:
- United States: North America, particularly the United States, has a mature HPLC market driven by the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and food industries. Stringent regulatory requirements for drug testing and quality control contribute to market growth.
- Canada: The Canadian market also benefits from the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, along with environmental monitoring and academic research.
- Western Europe: Major economies like Germany, France, and the UK have a well-established HPLC market, driven by pharmaceuticals, life sciences, and food safety testing. Strong regulatory oversight stimulates HPLC adoption.
- Eastern Europe: Growing pharmaceutical manufacturing and increasing awareness of quality control drive HPLC adoption in countries like Poland, Hungary, and the Czech Republic.
- China: China’s HPLC market has been growing rapidly, fueled by pharmaceutical manufacturing, biotechnology, and environmental monitoring. Government support and increased R&D investment contribute to this growth.
- India: India’s pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors are significant drivers of the HPLC market. A large population and increasing healthcare expenditure also fuel demand.
- Japan: Japan has a well-established HPLC market, with strong demand in pharmaceuticals, academic research, and the chemical industry.
4. Middle East and Africa:
- South Africa: South Africa has a growing pharmaceutical industry, contributing to the HPLC market’s expansion. Environmental and food safety testing also drive demand.
- GCC Countries: The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries invest in healthcare infrastructure and pharmaceutical manufacturing, leading to an increase in HPLC adoption.
Get 10% Customization on this Research Report: – https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=117899209
Top key Players:
The global HPLC market is well established owing to the dominance of prominent market players, such as Waters (US), Agilent (US), Shimadzu (Japan), Thermo Fisher (US), PerkinElmer (US), GE Healthcare (US), Bio-Rad (US), Merck Millipore (Germany), Hitachi (Japan), Showa Denko (Japan), Gilson (US), Phenomenex (US), JASCO (US), Hamilton Company (US), SIELC (US), Orochem (US), YMC Co. Ltd. (Japan), Restek (US), Trajan Scientific (Australia), and Tosoh Bioscience LLC (Japan).
In conclusion, the High-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) market continues to grow due to its widespread applications across multiple industries, technological advancements, regulatory requirements, and the increasing need for accurate and reliable analytical methods.