The HD Maps for Autonomous Vehicles Market, by value, is estimated to be USD 1.4 billion in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 16.9 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 31.7% from 2021 to 2030.
The key factors that drive this market include the increasing investment by OEMs and tier-1 suppliers into HD mapping companies and collaboration between various HD mapping companies to offer a standardized HD map product across all regions.
Some of the key manufacturers operating in the market are TomTom (Netherlands), HERE Technologies (Netherlands), WThe HD maps for autonomous vehicles market includes players such as TomTom (the Netherlands), HERE Technologies (the Netherlands), Waymo (US), NVIDIA (US), Baidu (China), Dynamic Map Platform (Japan), NavInfo (China), and Zenrin (US).
Opportunity: Autonomous renting car services
The rapid development in automotive technology is moving the world towards connected, shared, electric, and ultimately autonomous vehicle. In the near future, autonomous vehicles are expected to play a key role in car renting services as, with advancements in technology, consumers will trust autonomous cars as a safe mode of transport. In 2018, leading autonomous driving technology development company Waymo has partnered with self-driving rental car company Avis Budget Group, which owns about 580,000 vehicles in 11,000 locations in 180 countries. Moreover, in 2017, Rent-A-Car, the largest rental car service operator in the US, signed an agreement with autonomous driving technology startup Voyage to manage its fleet of autonomous cars. As per the agreement, the car rental company will handle the maintenance of the autonomous vehicle fleet. Autonomous car renting is expected to reduce per-mile cost, which is expected to be a significant reason for the growth of these vehicles. With such developments in America, autonomous car renting service is expected to hit the roads within a span of 5 to 7 years. This is a significant opportunity for the HD maps market. Also, in the Asia Pacific region leading transportation network companies such as Ola and Uber are investing in autonomous vehicle technology, which is expected to boost the HD maps market.
Download PDF Brochure @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=141078517
The passenger vehicle segment of the autonomous vehicle is estimated to be the largest in the HD mapping market. Many of the top OEMs especially in the Chinese market which has invested in HD mapping are inclined towards passenger vehicles, which is accompanied by the fact that the laws concerning passenger vehicles are less rigid as compared to commercial vehicles. The commercial vehicle segment of autonomous vehicles is expected to be commercialized post-2023, after which this market is estimated to occupy a large share of the HD mapping market. The stringent regulation on driving hours and tight delivery schedules will drive this market, especially for autonomous trucks for the coming years.
The cloud-based service for HD mapping holds the largest share of the HD maps, by solution market. Many of the top players in the HD mapping market such as NVIDIA, HERE Technologies, TomTom, and Baidu, to name a few are using a cloud platform to offer their HD mapping solutions. This is accompanied by the fact that cloud-based service is more flexible, accurate, and needs lesser storage space when compared to HD installed as an embedded system in autonomous vehicles.
HD mapping is offered for both semi-autonomous and autonomous vehicles, of which the semi-autonomous vehicle segment currently holds the largest share of the HD mapping market. This is because the HD mapping specification required for an autonomous vehicle is complex when compared to a semi-autonomous vehicle, which mainly requires features such as Co-operative Adaptive, Cruise Control, Highway Autopilot, Auto Lane Change, and Hands-free Auto Parking. The other factor that helps the semi-autonomous market is the public’s concern about the safety of autonomous driving vehicles. But with the improvement in technology and increase in government initiatives for autonomous driving, this market is expected to grow over the forecast period.
Request FREE Sample Report @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=141078517
Currently, the HD mapping market is dominated by North America, which is accompanied by the fact that large customer base and high disposable income of end-users, especially in the US, have fueled the demand for high-end safety vehicles, which in turn has resulted in increasing innovations and partnership by international automotive OEMs which has helped in the growth of HD map in this region. Also, the emerging economies of Asia Oceania, which include China and India, are expected to grow over the years.
The growing economy, favorable financial environment, high disposable income, and increasing vehicle production are factors fostering the growth of the passenger car segment in these regions. Moreover, increasing production of luxury vehicles and high demand for safety and convenience features in North America and Europe are expected to further propel the demand for HD maps in autonomous vehicles during the forecast period.
- In May 2021, HERE and INCREMENT P announced the collaboration for the expansion of the access to high- quality location content and data sets available.
- In February 2021, Dynamic Map Platform and Valeo entered into a partnership to jointly develop technologies and business models for precise localization and map updates to facilitate the development of autonomous driving systems. Both parties have agreed to engage in discussions and technical and business studies of high precision localization and map update technologies necessary for the quality achievement of ADAS and autonomous driving, in the aim of jointly providing services on a global scale and a non-exclusive basis.
- In June 2021, The Sanborn Map Company was awarded a supply contract from Indian Geographic Information Office (GIO) for updating the digital orthoimagery for the entire state of Indiana.
- In January 2021, HERE is providing HD mapping technology to Deutsche Bahn via the HERE location platform. Germany’s railway company will utilize the technology for its new “Sensors4Rail” digital rail project. The aim of this pilot project is to test sensor-based train localization and environment recognition in order to increase railway system capacity, efficiency, and reliability. Other project partners include Bosch, Ibeo, and Siemens Mobility.
- In December 2020, GeoJunxion announced a strategic alliance with NavInfo Europe to offer AI solutions to our customers.
- In March 2020, Momenta has announced a strategic cooperation with Toyota to provide automated HD mapping and updates through vision-based technologies. With this joint development, both companies aim to promote the commercialization of Toyota’s Automated Mapping Platform (AMP) in the China market to better serve Chinese customers.
- In January 2020, Momenta, together with Texas Instruments, unveiled the latest front camera perception product deployed on TI’s latest Jacinto TDA4VM SoC (System on Chip) at the 54th International Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2020), which can help automakers meet the safety requirements for new cars, including Euro NCAP 2022/2024. Momenta is developing a new generation of ADAS solutions based on TI Jacinto TDA4VM SoCs to meet the ever-increasing consumer demands for driving comfort and safety. Momenta’s industry-leading front camera perception and high precision localization algorithms, combined with TI’s Jacinto TDA4 processor for ADAS applications, and wide-angle high-resolution cameras, provide effective object detection at long distances and in complex scenarios.
- In September 2019, Silicon Valley startup Civil Maps and the University of Luxembourg’s Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability, and Trust (SnT) announce a research partnership focused on autonomous driving technology. With this new collaboration, Civil Maps, specialized in providing high-definition maps for autonomous vehicles, has established operations in Luxembourg. The partnership is supported by Luxinnovation and expands the country’s research focus on self-driving vehicles.