Growth in this market is driven by the high risk of chromosomal abnormalities with increasing maternal age, growing preference for non-invasive techniques over invasive methods, improving reimbursement scenario for NIPT, and increasing awareness of NIPT. However, a dearth of skilled professionals is restraining the growth of this market.
To know about the assumptions considered for the study download the pdf brochure @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=145607690
North America dominated the market, followed by Europe. The large share of this market can primarily be attributed to the strong economies in the US and Canada, which have allowed for significant investments in technology in this region. Growth in the North American market is supported by the presence of a better reimbursement structure and a favorable funding scenario for research activities, rising awareness about NIPT, and the increasing demand for the early detection of birth defects in this region.
The global non-invasive prenatal testing market is estimated to reach USD 7.3 billion by 2024 from USD 3.9 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 13.5% during the forecast period.
The non-invasive prenatal testing market is highly consolidated in nature with several big and emerging players. Illumina, Inc. (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), GE Healthcare (US), BGI (China), Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Switzerland), PerkinElmer Inc. (US), Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings (US), Natera, Inc. (US), and Yourgene Health (UK) are some of the key players in the market. These players have adopted various growth strategies, such as new product & service launches & upgrades; expansions; acquisitions; and partnerships, agreements, & collaborations to further expand their presence in the global market.
Illumina, Inc. (US)
Illumina is one of the major players in the non-invasive prenatal testing market. The company offers a range of highly interconnected products related to sequencing, genotyping, gene expression, and molecular diagnostics. It also offers whole-genome sequencing, genotyping, NIPT, and support services which further strengthen its market position.
Make an Enquire to Buy this Report @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=145607690
- BGI and Eluthia (Germany) launched the NIFTY test (non-invasive prenatal test), under the brand name PreviaTest in Germany.
- Illumina expanded its NIPT platform with the launch of VeriSeq NIPT Solution v2.
- Illumina and Pacific Biosciences signed an agreement for Illumina to acquire Pacific Biosciences. This acquisition will allow Illumina to strengthen its sequencing solutions platform with accurate long-
- Agilent Technology acquired Multiplicom N.V. (Belgium) in order to create comprehensive offerings for next-generation sequencing solutions. Multiplicom develops and commercializes molecular diagnostic solutions which are useful in the identification of congenital defects early in pregnancy and other genetic diseases
Key Questions Addressed by the Report
- Where will all these developments take the industry in the mid to long-term?
- What types of annual and multi-year partnerships are NIPT product and service companies exploring?
- Which are the key players in the market and how intense is the competition?
- Which are the recent contracts and agreements key players have signed?
- What are the recent trends affecting NIPT product and service providers?