The Recloser Market is segmented by Control ((Recloser (Electronic, Hydraulic) and Sectionalizer (Resettable Electronic, Programmable Resettable)), Phase (Recloser (Three, Single, Triple Single) and Sectionalizer (Three, Single), Voltage Region, Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast 2020 – 2025.
The global recloser market is projected to reach USD 2.4 billion by 2025 from an estimated market size of USD 1.9 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period.
Major factors driving the growth of the Recloser Market
- The global recloser market is set to witness significant growth owing to increasing power demand and expansion of transmission and distribution network globally.
- Additionally, increasing the share of renewable energy would also drive the grid integration projects and finally recloser and sectionalizer market.
Download PDF Brochure – https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=187393365
The electronic recloser control segment accounts for greater share of the total recloser market due to greater flexibility, ease of customization & programing, and have advanced protection, metering, and automation functionality. The growth in electronic recloser control market can be attributed to its low cost and wide area of its applications. Demand for electronic recloser control is on the rise in China, which is the major country in electric utility industry in terms of grid modernization projects. According to the Renewable Energy Policy Network (REN21), China accounted for 45% of the total global investment for renewable power generation in 2018. Increasing investments in renewable power would drive the market for distribution automation in Asia Pacific which would further drive the market for electronic recloser.
The up to 15 KV segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR due to the increase in residential power distribution capacity to cater the increasing demand for electricity in residential areas. Also, increasing investments in grid transmission and distribution projects in rural areas would also fuel the growth of the segment in the forecast period.
Request Sample Pages –https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=187393365
The growth of the recloser and sectionalizer market in the Asia Pacific can be attributed to the increasing demand for electrical energy due to urbanization and industrialization, distribution network upgrade, and increasing need of power reliability. Also, rising investments in smart grid infrastructure projects that includes distribution automation would result in an increased demand for recloser and sectionalizer in the Asia-Pacific region. Additionally, the rise in investments in smart grid technologies that include distribution grid automation, smart meters, and demand response systems in countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Australia would create growth opportunities for the recloser and sectionalizer market in the region.
Key Market Players:
Noja Power (Australia), ABB (Switzerland), Eaton (Ireland), Schneider Electric (France), and Siemens (Germany)
Speak to Analyst –https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/speaktoanalystNew.asp?id=187393365
- In February 2019, Noja Power and RWW Engineering received a contract to supply recloser to Eskom, a South Africa based power utility company. Under the contract, Noja Power supplied 22KV and 33 KV reclosers to meet the Eskom technical specifications that ensures operators safety.
- In August 2019, Tavrida Electric Company supplied reclosers to the Federal University of Santa Maria (UFSM) in Brazil. Under this contract helped Tavrida Electric helped Brazilian university in developing new techniques for intelligent operation of distribution system as part of R&D program of ANEEL (National Electric Energy Agency) “Innovative Solution for Active Management of Distribution Systems.
- In January 2018, Eaton Corporation launched the new series of reclosers. The NOVA NX-T reclosers help utilities in supporting a smarter and reliable grid. The new series of recloser will enhance the performance and reliability of the utility’s distribution network.
- In June 2018, ABB launched new outdoor three-phase recloser. The new OVR-27 recloser adds valuable features to strengthen ABB’s vast product portfolio. The OVR-27 is rated upto 27 KV, which is designed to be installed in pole as well as substations. The recloser addresses the needs for distribution grid automation and modernization for aging infrastructure.
- In April 2018, G&W Electric collaborated with GE grid solution for the development of new integrated recloser solution. The G&W’s Viper-ST recloser is designed to work with GE’s new Multilin R650 recloser control. The integrated recloser solution provides comprehensive performance in monitoring, control, protection, and automatic network configuration and communication.
Browse Related Reports:
Switchgear Market by Insulation (Gas Insulated, Air Insulated), By Installation (Indoor, Outdoor) By End-Users (T&D Utilities, Industries, Commercial & Residential, Others), By Voltage (Low, Medium, High), and Region–Global Forecast to 2025
Recloser Control Market by Type (Electric and Hydraulic), Phase Type (Three-Phase, Single-Phase, and Triple-Single Phase), Voltage (Up to 15 Kv, 16 kV–27 Kv, and 28 kV–38 Kv), and Region – Global Forecast to 2022
Air Insulated Switchgear Market by Voltage Range (3 kV–36 kV and >36 kV), Installation (Indoor and Outdoor), Application (Transmission & Distribution, Manufacturing & Processing, and Infrastructure & Transportation), and Region – Global Forecast to 2022