Steel Rebar Market Scope
Steel rebar, also known as reinforcing steel or reinforcement steel, is a common type of steel used in the construction industry for reinforcing concrete structures. The market for steel rebar is closely tied to the construction industry, and demand for steel rebar is largely driven by trends in construction activity, such as new building construction, infrastructure development, and repairs and renovations to existing structures.
The global steel rebar market size is approximated to be USD 224.5 billion in 2022, and it is projected to reach USD 317.4 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 4.4%. There are various factors that can influence the steel rebar market, including economic conditions, government policies, technological developments, and competition from other materials.
For instance, when economic conditions are strong, construction activity tends to increase, driving demand for steel rebar. However, when economic conditions are weak, construction activity may slow, leading to a decrease in demand for steel rebar.
In terms of government policies, they can have both positive and negative effects on the steel rebar market. For example, policies that promote infrastructure development or encourage sustainable building practices may increase demand for steel rebar. However, policies that impose tariffs or trade restrictions on steel imports may make it more expensive for construction companies to purchase steel rebar, which could negatively impact the market.
Technological developments can also impact the steel rebar market by making it more efficient to produce and use steel rebar. For instance, advances in automation and robotics in steel mills can make it more cost-effective to produce steel rebar.
Get Sample Copy of this Report: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=176200687
Steel Rebar Market Key Players
The global steel rebar market is a highly competitive industry, with a large number of players operating at both the regional and international level. Some of the key players are –
- ArcelorMittal (Luxembourg)
- Gerdau S.A (Brazil)
- Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation (Japan)
- Posco SS Vina, Co. Ltd (Vietnam)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (India)
- Tata Steel Ltd. (India)
- Essar Steel (India)
- Mechel PAO (Russia)
- Nucor Corporation (U.S.)
- Sohar Steel LLC (Oman)
- Celsa Steel UK (UK)
- Ansteel Group (China)
- Hyundai Steel (South Korea)
- Kobe Steel, Ltd. (Japan)
- Jiangsu Shagang Group Co., Ltd. (China)
- JFE Steel Corporation (Japan)
- Commercial Metals Company (U.S.)
- Daido Steel (Japan)
- Barnes Reinforcing Industries (pty) Ltd (South Africa)
- Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. (India)
- Steel Dynamics, Inc. (U.S.)
- Outokumpu Oyj (Finland)
- Acerinox S.A. (Spain)
- Hyundai Steel Company (South Korea)
- Daido Steel Co., Ltd. (Japan)
- Byer Steel Group Inc. (U.S.)
Steel Rebar Market Drivers
There are several factors that drive the demand for steel rebar in the construction industry. Some of the key drivers include:
- Urbanization and population growth:As cities expand and populations increase, there is a greater demand for new construction projects, including buildings, infrastructure, and transportation. This drives the demand for steel rebar, which is used as a reinforcement material in concrete construction.
- Infrastructure development:Governments around the world are investing in infrastructure development to support economic growth. This includes projects such as highways, bridges, and airports, which require large amounts of steel rebar to provide structural support and reinforce concrete.
- Economic growth:Economic growth is another important driver of the steel rebar market. As economies improve, businesses invest in new construction projects, which increases the demand for steel rebar.
- Technological advancements:Technological advancements in the construction industry, such as pre-fabrication and the use of innovative construction materials, are also driving the demand for steel rebar.
- Government regulations:Government regulations also play a role in the demand for steel rebar. Building codes and standards, such as those set by the International Code Council (ICC) and the American Concrete Institute (ACI), require that buildings meet certain structural and safety standards. This helps to ensure that new buildings are built to withstand natural disasters and other hazards, which in turn increases the demand for steel rebar.
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=176200687
Steel Rebar Market Restraints
There are several factors that can act as restraints on the steel rebar market. Some of the key restraints include:
- High production costs:The cost of production for steel rebar can be high, due to the cost of raw materials, energy, and labor. This can make it difficult for manufacturers to remain competitive in the market.
- Fluctuations in steel prices:Steel prices can be volatile, and fluctuations in prices can have a significant impact on the price of steel rebar. This can make it difficult for manufacturers and builders to plan their budgets and costs.
- Environmental regulations:Steel production is energy-intensive and can produce significant greenhouse gas emissions. Stringent environmental regulations can increase the cost of production for manufacturers and reduce demand for steel rebar.
- Import competition:The steel rebar market is global, and manufacturers may face competition from imports. This can make it difficult for domestic manufacturers to compete on price and can reduce demand for domestic products.
- Reduced construction activity:The steel rebar market is closely tied to the construction industry, and fluctuations in construction activity can have a significant impact on demand for steel rebar.
Steel Rebar Market Segmentation
Based on End User:
Infrastructure segment is projected to be the largest and fastest-growing segment of the steel rebar market by 2025
The use of steel rebar increases the tensile strength of surrounding concrete structures in highways, bridges, and pillar structures. Increasing project counts of highway, bridges, and structural engineering are fueling the growth of the steel rebar market in the infrastructure segment.
Based on Type:
The deformed steel rebar segment is projected to lead the market during the forecast period
The deformed steel bar segment is the largest and fastest-growing segment by type in the steel rebar market. Deformed bar, formed from carbon steel and provided with ridges for better mechanical anchoring in reinforced concrete, is used in applications such as reinforced concrete slabs, cages, columns, prefabricated beams, and precast products.
Based on Process:
- Basic Oxygen Steelmaking
- Electric Arc Furnace
View Full Report with TOC & List of Figure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Market-Reports/steel-rebar-market-176200687.html
Based on the region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest market for steel rebar during the forecast period
The Asia Pacific steel rebar market is projected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2020 and 2025. Growth in this market is attributed mainly to the increasing steel rebar consumption in the construction industry coupled with large steelmaking capacities and consumption of steel rebar in countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea.
Why Choose MNM?
- Authentic Method: To ensure high-level data integrity, accurate analysis, and impeccable forecasts
- Agile Approach: A faster and efficient way to cater to the needs with continuous iteration
- Targeted Market View: Targeted market view to provide pertinent information and save time of readers
- Analyst Support: For complete satisfaction of our customers
- Customization: Customization of the report’s scope as needed to meet your requirements in full