Feed packaging market is projected to grow from USD 13.8 billion in 2018 to USD 17.8 billion by 2023, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 5.2% during the forecast period. The study involved four major activities in estimating the current market size for the feed packaging market. Exhaustive secondary research was done to collect information on the market as well as the peer and parent markets. The next step was to validate these findings, assumptions, and sizing with industry experts across the value chain through primary research. Both the top-down and bottom-up approaches were employed to estimate the complete market size. Thereafter, market breakdown and data triangulation were used to estimate the market size of segments and subsegments.
- Determining and projecting the size of the feed packaging market with respect to livestock, pet, type, material, feed type, and regional markets, over a five-year period ranging from 2018 to 2023
- Identifying attractive opportunities in the market by determining the largest and fastest-growing segments across regions
- Providing detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- Analyzing the micro-markets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market
- Identifying and profiling key market players in the livestock feed and pet food packaging markets
- Understanding the competitive landscape and identifying the major growth strategies adopted by players across the key regions
- Analyzing the supply chain, products, and regulatory frameworks across regions and their impact on the prominent market players
- Providing insights on key innovations and investments in the feed packaging market
Download PDF Brochure:
By livestock type, the poultry segment is projected to be the largest contributor to the feed packaging market (for livestock) during the forecast period.
The estimated largest market share of poultry feed is attributed to the large-scale production of poultry feed. The large-scale production of poultry feed is a result of its large-scale consumption, as, unlike beef and pork, it is devoid of religious concerns. Thus, the production of poultry for meat is projected to dominate and account for more than half the growth of all the additional meat produced by 2025. Such rapid growth in poultry meat production is expected to further fuel the demand for superior-quality feed and feed additives, thereby propelling the market for livestock feed packaging.
The dry feed type segment is projected to account for a larger market share during the forecast period.
Feed packaging (for livestock) is widely used for dry feed type. Dry feed is available in the form of pellets, powder, crumbles, cubes, and cakes. It is a largely produced and consumed, globally. Most feed manufacturers in the market offer their products in the dry form due to its ease of usage, storage, and transportation. Moreover, dry feed is widely used in animal diets, as it is affordable in comparison with wet feed. Due to these factors, the segment is estimated to acquire a larger market share in 2018. On the other hand, feed packaging market (for pets), by feed type, is estimated to be dominated by the dry segment, in 2018, due to factors such as economical prices and product durability of dry pet feed as compared to other pet feed type.
Asia Pacific is projected to account for the largest market share during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is the major revenue generating region, in the feed packaging market (for livestock).
The region is experiencing maximum developments in the feed production and packaging. With the rapid economic growth in the region, the demand for meat and dairy products is projected to increase, particularly in countries such as China, India, Japan, and Thailand for both domestic consumption as well as exports. This growing demand for meat and dairy products has led to an increase in feed production in the region. Due to these factors, the application of packaging has increased, and the livestock feed packaging market is projected to witness a healthy growth from 2018 to 2023.
The major vendors in the global feed packaging market are LC Packaging (Netherlands); El Dorado Packaging Inc., (US); NPP Group Limited (Ireland); Plasteuropa Group (UK); NYP Corp. (US); ABC Packaging Direct (US); Shenzhen Longma Industrial Co., Limited (China); Amcor Limited (Australia); Mondi Group (Austria); ProAmpac (US); Sonoco Products Company (US); Winpak Ltd., (Canada); NNZ Group (the Netherlands); Constantia Flexible Group (Austria); and Huhtamäki Oyj (Finland).
Speak to Analyst:
Key Questions addressed by the report:
- Who are the major market players in the feed packaging market?
- What are the regional growth trends and the largest revenue-generating regions for feed packaging?
- Which are the major regions that are expected to witness the majority of the growth for feed packaging?
- What are the major types of feed packaging that are expected to gain maximum market revenue and share during the forecast period?
- Which is the major packaging material that will be accounting for the majority of the revenue over the forecast period?