The report “Pheromones Market in Agriculture by Crop Type (Field Crops, Fruits & Nuts, Vegetable Crops), Function (Mating Disruption, Mass Trapping, Detection & Monitoring), Mode of Application (Traps, Dispensers, Sprays), Type, and Region – Global Forecast to 2025″ The global pheromones market size is estimated to be valued at USD 2.4 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach a value of USD 5.7 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 15.3% during the forecast period. Factors such as the impact of climate change on pest proliferation, strong demand for high-value crops, advancements in integrated pest management solutions, and supportive regulations for semiochemicals are driving the market growth for pheromones.
- To define, segment, and estimate the size of the pheromones market with respect to its type, application, mode of application, crop type, and region
- To provide detailed information about the major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To analyze the complete supply chain and the influence of all key stakeholders, such as manufacturers, suppliers, and end-users
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their core competencies1
- To analyze the competitive developments, such as new product launches, acquisitions, investments, expansions, partnerships, agreements, joint ventures, and product approvals, in the pheromones market
Download PDF Brochure:
Sex pheromones, by type, is estimated to hold the largest share in the pheromones industry, in terms of value, in 2019
The high usage of sex pheromones is attributed to its utilization in mating disruption and detection & monitoring techniques. Sex pheromones do not assist in capturing both the sexes of the insect species; however, they are effective in reducing the reproduction activity of both the sexes to less than 5%. These factors contribute to making sex pheromones the largest segment in the pheromones market.
The fruits & nuts, by crop type, is estimated to account for the largest market share, by value, in 2019
Fruits & nuts account for the largest share in the pheromones market due to the growing demand for high-value crops across the globe. This high demand has made farmers concentrate on higher production of fruits in developing markets. The use of pheromones in these crops would reduce the pesticide residue level due to which the crops would be able to meet the export requirements
Request for Customization:
North America is the largest market for pheromones during the forecast period
The region is a host to some of the major players in the pheromones market, such as Koppert Biological Systems (Netherlands), Suterra LLC (US), and Russell IPM (US). The region is also among the largest producers of fruits alongside being the largest consumers, as well. These factors have catered to the growth of the market.
Key Market Players:
Some of the major players operating in the pheromones market include Shin-Etsu Chemicals Co., Ltd (Japan), Suterra LLC (US), Russell IPM (UK), Pherobank B.V (Netherlands), ISCA Technologies (US), SEDQ Healthy Crops S.L (Spain), Koppert Biological Systems (Netherlands), BASF (Germany), Trécé Inc. (US), Rentokil – PCI Pvt Ltd (India), Laboratorios Agrochem, S.L. (Spain), Bio Controle (Brazil), Biobest Group NV (Belgium), Bioline AgroSciences (UK), Isagro Group (Italy), Sumi Agro France (France), Bedoukian Research, Inc. (US), Certis Europe BV (Netherlands), Hercon Environmental, Pacific Biocontrol Corporation (US), Fuji Flavor Co., Ltd (Japan), Novagrica (Greece), International Pheromone System (UK), AgBio, Inc. (US), and ATGC Biotech Pvt Ltd. (India). They also have manufacturing facilities along with strong distribution networks across these regions.